Sunday, December 10, 2006

the fest and more

i know i know i have been seriously neglecting my poor blog. but i had some extremely valid reasons for doing so. the week before last i had 3 tests back to back. and since i had to start studying from scratch, i could hardly have blogged. and last week, i had my fest(which was brilliant, for the record. u shall soon see how)so again.....

fest got over yesterday. so my holidays have officially begun from today. u know what's funny? when we had our autumn break, i was so extremely glad. not that i hated college or anything, but, well, given a choice i would have chosen to not go to college. this time, i'm gonna miss college. which surprises me, because for some reason i had assumed that i would never really LIKE like college u know. but for the past few months i've actually started to really enjoy college. which makes me quite happy, because spending three years in a place you're just okay with isn't too good.

okay enough introspection. i didn't want this one to be a serious entry. oh right, about the fest. well first the bare facts. srcc's fest, 'crossroads', was from the 20th to the 23rd of december. 20th was kinda random, 21st was pop night, 22nd was 'war of the Djs' night and 23rd was rock night.

i am terrible terribly ashamed to say that....mika(sob) came for the pop night. pragati sums up my emotions best with this hypothetical conversation she made up.

tania: oh hey want a pass for my fest? SRCC!

XYZ: ofcourse! thanks! who's performin anyway?

tania: errrmm...uhhh...now doesnt matter really does it? the purpose is to meet up and have fun right?

XYZ: umm...yea, but still, whos comin?

tania: *thinks of another clever line to move away from the bloody ques but fails*....mika....*whisper*

XYZ: WHAT!!!!!! oh i mean, great *choke*. actually, im outta town...

but okay, we didn't attend mika. went to hindu and attended euphoria's concert. i'm not a big fan of indipop(or any kind of pop for that matter) but heck, anything is better than MIKA. heard some really funny stuff happened. and awfully surprising. people actually(i swear to god) broke barricades and had semi-fights to watch the man in action. and(i swear i'm not kidding) a couple of guys climbed up on stage and kissed him! eeeyuckk. fine, you're very very drunk, you're high and quite possibly you're extremely desperate, but kissing mika??!!

slight digression. venky has a terrific crowd and all, but what the hell happened on the 20th??? am talking specifically about mr. and miss nexus.

right, coming back to my fest. 22nd night was brilliant. it was straight out of some typical hindi movie. let me paint a picture for u. nighttime. very crowded place. drunk guys. baseball bats. wooden sticks. bikes. jeeps. 10 guys in each jeep. people running helter-skelter(haha i love that phrase). girls screaming. blood. police. lathi charge.

can u possible get more filmy than that?

we had a brilliant time. though i felt kinda sorry for the poor DJs, who could spin their whatever-they-spin for about an hour only. also felt sorry for the girls from the other colleges, who had come dressed in their flashiest(and tiniest, in that kind of weather. christ). poor girls were traumatised. *hahahahaha*. we heard a lot of filmy conversations too. along the lines of "oh my god, yeh sab kya ho raha hai?"

the guys(of my college that is) deserve a special mention. they were damn sweet. all very protective and are-u-guys-okay and u-guys-should-leave-now and u-should-go-stand-over-there. thanks u guys, for the concern!

after it all got over, and we got tired of the screechy girls, we went to nirula's for hot chocolate fudge. by the time the guy got our sundae, it was ten. arpita and i had to catch the metro till central secretariat, from where my driver was supposed to pick us up. i realized that the last metro leaves at 10:12. next thing, me and arpita are running towards the metro station(for some weird reason there were no rickshaws that night, only drunk guys driving around). well we did manage to catch that metro(thanks to a guy, whose story will be told in the next blog) and then found out that the last metro leaves at eleven. oh well, a run always does u good.

the only part of the night which miffed me was that we had to throw away a lot of the sundae. i sort of tried to sneak the thing into the metro, but the highly idiotic guard saw me. moron.


anyway, because of all that, security was really really tight yesterday. which didn't do much good to prithvi's and taaq's self-esteem i'm sure. because it was so much emptier than the day before. and highly empty according to ANY standards. i felt awfuly bad for them, especially because they were playing nice stuff.

well with that i end the story of my fest. it had all the makings of a movie; drama, violence, emotion, budding love(am not gonna elucidate because of obvious reasons), comedy(there was a hilarous thing called 'stupid cupid: mystery date' happening), horror(the columbus which went vertical on the last day...damn..i had 7 near-heart attacks) and a whole lot of fun.

do watch out for my next blog, because 'Collected Short Stories..' is coming back!! until then, Merry Christmas!

16 comments:

kanika said...

i louuuuveedd this one...ok..i really wanna know bout;
1)d guy at d metro who helped ya out(grin)
2)budding louuu( eyebrow raised)
3)is 2 a follow up of 1???

yeah n i totaallii agree bout mr n mrs(hehe) nexus!

Unknown said...

well,didnt fall asleep reading this one!!

Anonymous said...

Posted a comment three times in last ten hours, dunno why it didnt get published. Anyways, miss Delhi yaar. The fests would have a perfect chilling time, and a nice hunting ground to grade some chicks...
But here I am studying for the papers (Check blog for details).... By the way points one and two said by Purplealley should make for nice posts.

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC!!!....MARVELLOUS!!!....SPLENDID...FABULOUS!!!...MIND BLOWING!!!...RIVETING!!!...(help i m runnin out of adjectives here...lolzzzz)...no seriously very good..made 4 a nice bit of reading...CHEERS!!!

MeMyself_n_I said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MeMyself_n_I said...

@ purplealley - thank u thank u! well point 1 will be explained in the next blog, point 2 has NOTHING to do with me(which is pretty sad. lol). and while i was writing the blog, points 1 and 2 had nothing to do with each other but now that u mention it....

@ shruti - thank god! i have graduated from being highly boring to being somewhat readable eh?

@ aditya - yes u really realy should have been there. du fests are a perfect way of rounding off the year. anyway, if it's any consolation, my exams are looming ahead too. they begin on the 8th of jan. :-(

@ devvrat - thank u!!!! i am honoured. hope to have u as one of my regular readers then(hah caught u).

Anonymous said...

OK I am pretty much certain dat this is da web-page I was 2 hv visited, but my visit is entirely due to my persistence, and certainly no thanx to u for givin me da wrong web-page address....altho I guess it mite be a subtle hint of its own sort...well for d future, dun give me subtle hints,I dun (?) get em.OK it seems I have created my own (illegal???) blog entry in your blog, how very rude of me...ah well who cares, neva wz a stickler for manners...well in any case as to this article, I refuse to comment on any writing that has any mention of Mika in it (so in effect I cant comment on my own comment either,anyway...)or for dat matter any1 who entertains any amorous feelings for da said,well, charachter,either but otherwise it was fun to read...though truthfully speakin I vud consider wastin hot chocolate fudge as a crime against humanity which rivals atleast the printing of the cartoons depicting Mohammed...so try not to do dat again or nxt time this news may get out nd den u'll be in trouble...and thus my 1000 word comment to ur 500
article ends, bet u wont ask me to
comment again (tho truthfully spkin I dun think u asked me da first time either)
Auf Wiedersehen, adios,au revoire and aadab:-)

Anonymous said...

whoa... really well written...
really liked the informal, devil may care tone...

U mam are an gem of a blog writer...
(ummm... dont take it too highly cause i havent come across much blogs)

seriously enjoyed and glad to know that hatred for mika is mutual...

Now when will i get my tips?????

Anonymous said...

Well, I just can't help noticing and repeating: U mam are an gem of a blog writer!
But yeah, great entry.. though it did make me a little jealous, what with me having missed out on some live bollywood action coz of being some thousand kilometres away from delhi!
And I hope you know where the sarcasm was directed in my first line ;)

MeMyself_n_I said...

@ anand"creater of brinjal" (thought technically it's my parents who...oh forget it) - if i gave u the wrong link it was purely unintentional. i'm not too good at giving subtle hints anyway. hehe. did read your blog, will comment once i have a little more time on my hands.

@ sahaj - thank u! tips have been given. so does this mean i get to see the birth of a new blogger?(purely in the metaphorical sense though)

@ si..oops, anomymous - firstly, y have u kept yourself anonymous? secondly, yes u just CAN'T miss the du fests next year. waiting for ur next entry.

bored blogger said...

ummmm...tooo good dear...the blog was soo much better than the reality...of course as it excluded the boring moments..

bored blogger said...

hey dont u think one more thing deserves a mention...we learnt a lesson on the fest.."every guy looks cute on stage"...we went on shouting their names wen they were performing..n when we saw them closely..they werent even worth puking on. : (

MeMyself_n_I said...

@ anisha - thank u! and yeah i did exclude the boring bits. *wink*
and umm okay so i was being dumb, but hey the world doesn't need to know that!
and yeah how in heaven's name could i forget that???? that is SO true.

SENSATIONS said...

amazingly written. i don think i can match up to it neday.....
i think i shud stop blogging :((((

Unknown said...

nice one, though should have been longer... come on, where's the girl who used to detail every moment of events, i used to love your heartbeat-to-heartbeat update like descriptions of the events, your comments n stuff(still my most used word)... if you get time, please elaborate... this should give you an idea how enthusiastic and true to ur feelings this entry was... rock on!

Unknown said...

and for a guy completely away form all this, I have no clue even when you say the word nexus..