Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Yes They ARE Extremely Valid Reasons, and other things.

I'm kinda pissed at myself for deleting that post of mine. wish i hadn't. so before anything else, if anyone knows how to retrieve deleted posts. do let me know.

anyway, let me explain the reasons behind changing the address of my blog. firstly, i was highly bored of the old one. it was staid, unimaginative and honestly speaking, quite juvenile.

secondly, i have a bit of a sadistic streak in me. quite evidently, the new link isn't exactly easy to spell. and neither does it roll off your tongue. honestly, it wasn't really a cakewalk locating my blog was it? yes, i know i'm weird, but this is how i get my kicks. humour me please.

thirdly, i really like the new name! i think it's waaaay cool.

and fourthly, i'm mildly schizophrenic......heh heh heh. no actually, as far as i know, i'm not really schizophrenic, but it's fun to pretend that i am. and the fact that i tend to space out at times(and i mean really space out....i'm pretty much oblivious to everything around me...i've learnt to do it at will now, but earlier it was involuntary, which was quite creepy, to say the least) does help.

also, it's a brilliant way to catch someone's attention and keep holding it for quite a while. try it sometime. next time you meet somebody new, after a few minutes, tell them, "hey you want to hear something interesting? i'm mildly schizophrenic[or manic-depressive or obsessive-compulsive or neurotic or suffer from split-personality disorder(this is my favorite one but the thought of actually saying it kinda worries me) or whatever catches your fancy]." you'll get to see some ve-ry interesting expressions.

for the record, yes i do tell people that i'm mildly schizophrenic. but only when i'm bored out of my mind or when i want to catch their attention.

damn, the stories are piling up. need to put them up. but they require more effort than random entries. intrinsic laziness and a wonderful knack for procrastinating keeps me from writing those. get the awful feeling that they might not be posted till may, since i have exams in april. will try my hardest to put up at least one in march......

looking forward to this weekend big time. sunday is holi! couldn't play holi last year coz of the f*&%$#@ boards. so this year i am very very excited. was feeling a bit under the weather last night; same old reason. guess it's going to take a while for me to be completely fine. my annoying memory keeps me from getting over the whole thing. every single thing reminds me of something or the other. wish i could stop myself from thinking. anyway, didn't mean to digress. my point is, i'm looking forward to holi for this reason also. it's bound to get my mind off things. and the bhaang will go a long way in doing just that....hehehe.

anyway, i'm off, need to do some studying. which reminds me, i seem to have lost the ability to study! i just cannot seem to concentrate anymore. i'm going to get very badly screwed if this state of affairs continues.

i really need to do something about my amazing bullshitting capabilities. alright, i'm going to stop. until next time, goodbye.

10 comments:

Mr. J said...

Hahaha. deleted posts are deleted for good. And yes it took a while to discover the new URL.

Have fun with the colors.

Anonymous said...

Quite interesting to read your post...thanks for sharing your thoughts...and well since Holi is also just a few days away i'd like you to drop by my blog on Holi Festivities and enjoy all the fun and colors it's filled with!!!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha!
Well, I truly am, mildly, Obsessive Compulsive. Though I need to highlight and re-highlight and emphasize on the word mildly, there.
lol.
Anyhow, really nice post. Made me laugh. (Which is not really a very very easy thing to do!)

P.S. Frigging blogger is irritating. Does not even allow simple html tags like u and blockquote. Bah!
P.P.S. Since you are starting with a new blog here, might I suggest, at the risk of sounding intrusive, that you should try wordpress.com. Luckily, you can import your posts from here to there!

Ayush Gupta said...

Again, enjoy your holi. :-)

Anunay said...

Is this the post you want???

Friday, February 09, 2007
Do u really want to? Read this that is.

i know i promised another short story, and i do have one, but the thing is, i don't really feel like doing a story this time. see, what i'm going to do is, i'll do one story and one random bull alterternately. you humour me, i humour you. sounds fair?

alirght, now that's settled, we can move on. life's been real lazy for a while. and yes, it's been wonderful. excepting the fact that i had fever for a bit, i've been having a lovely time. how can you possibly go wrong when your day is all about lying around in the college lawns, eating good food, buying new clothes(hey i'm a girl!), spending a substantial part of your waking hours on the phone and having the luxury of picking from 3 new books to read? and that's only on the days i have college....... life's good.

okay i just HAVE to talk about the 3 books i'm reading these days. you might want to skip the next bit, coz it's going to get slightly boring. skip the next 3 paragraphs. this is how i get my kicks, humour me please.

the first one is called "the portrait of a director". it's the biography of satyajit ray. have left it midway because it gets a little too technical for me sometimes. will read it once i've finished the other 2 books, which are just....lovely.

the 2nd one is "the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy". finally bought it after months of wanting to read it. i was so happy the day i bought it. new books are wonderful things. :-)

and the 3rd one(the one i'm the happiest about) is..*drumroll*.. catch22. yesss, i'm finally reading it and, surprise, enjoying it! this is probably the 4th time i'm attempting to read the book. the last 3 times, i didn't find the jokes funny(or quite possibly didn't get them..lol), i kept losing track of the plot and thought that the protagonist was quite uninteresting. if you remember(if you are reading this that is), in my list of '25 things i want to do before i die', i had mentioned wanting to read this book cover to cover, because it's the only book i have left unfinished after starting. looks like i'll have one thing less to do now. positive sign, makes me slightly more hopeful about being able to do the rest of the things on the list.

anyway, that's done, you can come back now. onto slightly more interesting stuff.

those who read my blog fairly regularly(for the record, i love you guys), would've probably(and hopefully) read my "Collected Short Stories..". there was this one called 'the one with the same phones' if you remember. well, i met the same guy a few weeks ago! and let's just say it was not exactly a very pleasant evening for me. the guy kept dropping subtle hints about the whole thing and i couldn't say anything. i couldn't even apologise or say anything in my defense because he wasn't really accusing me of anything. pretty embarrasing, to say the least.

there is something major which i have to do, latest by the 15th. i haven't done anything remotedly similar to it before. so firstly, i'm not really sure how to go about it and secondly, it's scaring the living daylights out of me. anyway, i'm not exactly in a position to elucidate, will explain once the deed's done. pray for me!

anyway, i've been bullshitting for way too long. i've bored myself to death with my own crap, so i'm kinda wondering how you guys are holding up. you go do something to wake yourself up, like play football or something while i go worry a bit about the thing which i have to do.

until next time(which will positively involve a short story, not boring details of which book i'm reading), adios and happy football-playing, in case u actually are planning to take my advice. in which case i think you are a certified idiot.

P.S. - i'm posting this entry for the sole reason that i spent waaay too much time on this and i refuse to admit that i spend a lot of my time generating useless bunk. so effectively, i'm humouring myself here......jeez i'm sad....

Anunay said...

Before I comment on the post I thought I'd let you know that blogger allows you to receive a copy of your post in your mail everytime you update the blog..... You just need to goto your Settings Tab and look around...... And, by the way, Next time you want to retrieve an old post..... Google it!! Google normally maintains a cached copy in its archives(That's where I got the above copy).............

Now, about the present post...... Reaching you isn't really difficult when you know what to look for....... Specially if the said person's blog is available as a link on my blogroll ;)....... Interesting attitude dudette!!! But, you don't really come out to be as sadistic as you seem to want to be...... Your writing's definitely got me hooked on...... So, write on.......

Anonymous said...

hey... nice one there.... the name's superb..
i too like having the split personality disorder thingy...

tho in my case its not always fabricated...
good read....

bored blogger said...

split personality is my favourite too!!!!(okay its sounding like we are discussing food or something)...

the reasons that u gave seemed valid enough...i mean pretty interesting..

Anunay said...

I think I agree with you on that point...... It's just that all those people whom I consider to be in that close friend group, are all too far away to be of any help....... Please don't mind my replying here.....

Nitish said...

you know when i started to read this entry, music was on
i wasnt able to understand a word.
then i lowered the volume.
didnt help.
finally i switched it off, opened my eyes wideeeee, and read it again.
finally undrstood it.
How do u write so well?