Monday, March 19, 2007

When Life Pulls A Fast One On You

Wonder how exactly my life is so amazingly eventful. For instance, let's take today.

Bare facts first. Today was our college annual day. The president, Mr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam was supposed to come. I was real excited about seeing him.

Now the plan was, I’ll meet Nishita in CP, we'll have lunch, and then we'll head to college. But seeing how it's me, plans never ever work out.

I asked Nishita to meet me in front of Wengers. She was a little late, so I was standing there, probably looking highly bored. After some time, this other guy came and stood next to me, presumably to meet somebody. How wrong I was!!!

After a while, he asked me, "Are you waiting for someone?" When I replied in the affirmative, he seemed to gain confidence, and started asking me all about myself. He was very happy to learn that I’m from DU, and when I said I’m from SRCC, he informed me that he studied in KMC, and seemed to think that it was a great coincidence that I’m from SRCC while he was from KMC(don't ask me why....).

Then he proceeded to tell me what he'd done his post graduation in and how he was running his own business.... I nodded perfunctionarily, all the while frantically messaging Nishita to “hurry up coz this awfully creepy guy is chatting me up".

Seeing how this was not really grabbing my attention, he decided to throw caution to the wind and said, "I don't think you're friend is going to turn up, why don't you come with me to janpath and we'll grab something to eat?"

And that is when I freaked out. I mean, really and totally freaked out. Nothing like that had ever happened to me before so I had absolutely no idea as to how you're supposed to handle this kind of a situation. Still, I clearly told him that the prospect of lunching with him did not appeal to me one bit (well not in those words really, but words to that effect). That did not deter him at all (I’m assuming he's a pro at this, as he refused to take no for an answer).

I kept declining his attractive(not!!!) offer, even though he pointed out that I had nothing to worry about as he would be there....what he said was, and I quote here, "Aap itna darr kyon rahi hain? Main hoon naa!" and I came back with a very cutting, but completely ineffective, "Agar aapko jaana hai toh aap jaa sakte hain, main aapke saath nahi jaaoongi".

I was getting very very very worried and was mentally preparing myself to scream out loud when the guy decided to back off with a "are you sure aapko nahi jana?" I was so fucking relieved I almost laughed out loud in sheer happiness.

And that is when dear old Nishita makes her entrance.

Now I’m not one of those man-hating, slogan-shouting feminists. But it's men like these who make me think twice before taking a guy at face value. And it’s men like these who give the male species a bad name.

But that's not where the story ends.

After lunch (which was had at yummy KFC), we head for college. We have to walk from the metro station, as there are barricades all over the place. We see the convoy pass right in front of our eyes, complete with the bulletproofed windshields and the president's stretch limo and a huge number of cars all around it.

After they've entered SRCC, they let us through the barricades and we walk to college. Where we find out that the whole college has been sealed and nobody can enter and nobody can leave until the president leaves!

Talk about disappointment. And awful bad luck.


By the way, notice anything Aditya?

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey!! ure back wit ur old blog name..
ny specific reason?
And wow!! admist this tension filled exam season u still have an adventurous social life.....
The Count must salute u...

burf said...

i hate creeps too

some of those arseholes don't even spare guys

bored blogger said...

hahahahahahahahaha..........soooooo coooooooool!!!!!! i wish we could could switch lives for sometime.my life has become soo bloody BORING!!!!

SENSATIONS said...

heheh!!!! i luved this one! and it gives me immense pleasure that i have support for one of my posts (desperate species). lol! and i m really surprised that u r a part of such experiences even when the others are cribbing abt studying!

Sujay said...

lol!!!!!!!! amazin blog!!! ur life is damn happenin yaar! now i am sure u cant call it " a day in the life of an ordinary teenager" hehe..... anywayz the suspense created in dis post was wat made it a graet read! well 2 conclude i wud just say:
what wud u call sujay if he is barnini's fan?
Fan-ia! :)

kanika said...

nice one
But Tania ,girl, next tym u see a shady guy tryinna strike up a convo wid you.. give him a cold stare OR tell him u r waitin fer yer girlfriend :)

Varenya said...

Lol, events at their very best!

You can surely take this to some director and he'll turn it into a short movie or something! I mean I could feel the tension...lol!

MeMyself_n_I said...

@ count sahaj - i'm not! i'm still the schizo....and well, just wondering, what in heaven's name were u doinf at 4:26 AM in the morning???

@ burf - really? do enlighten me.

@ bored blogger - yeah now it's funny, but right then it was terribly unnerving!

@ sensations - well, let's give the guys the benefit of the doubt and assume this particular idiot to be an exception(ain't i nice?)

@ sujay - thank u thank u! and i like the fan-ia bit!

@ kanika - i gave the moron lots of cold stares. will try the girlfriend thing the next time for sure. ;-)

@ varenya - hmmm...scriptwriting. now there's an idea. :-p

Anonymous said...

@ the ORDINARY TEENAGER- well u shud kno tht we Vampires r nocturnals at the best....

4:26 is nothing...

Anonymous said...

hehehe....a lot has been said already, so i dont know what to add. but very funny, this is the first time i'm hearing something like this!

Mr. J said...

Considering that he did his PG you should've kicked him where it hurt the most and taught him a lesson he would never forget.

So I assume you weren't able to see the Prez. Hmmm... happens. So much for democracy eh??

diyadear said...

hey so u cudnt meet the president??? tats soo sad.. :( i wud love to meet him once too.. N as for the guy.. mai hoon na was really funny ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh I did, looks so good now! Oh why not just pretend that you are calling the cops or something? You could have taken hi so badly, in many different ways.
Lol, the 'Main Hoon Na' line was frikkin hilarious.

burf said...

when i was in college...

Apy said...

hahaha... i m surprised that you went through this ordeal for such a long time.. I mean .. Hello!!! You should have kicked his ass in the first 30 seconds itself but neva mind... It was an experience of its own kind...

Nitish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nitish said...

now that was some day! I'm really sad for u yaar, i mean missing out on seeing the president! and u shud have kicked that guy there and then ;-) ... but really well written, and great reading! keep posting !!!

RB said...

I was inside the college then! Hee! hee!
ok sorry....

The incident is creepy for sure. My god!! And you're right....men like these do it for ALL of them!

That Girl said...

Haha, shouldn't be laughing at your misery... but this post was funny! :-)
You write real well. Guess I'll look up the other posts too, the ones you've mentioned.