Monday, November 06, 2006

Collected Short Stories By MeMyself_n_I : Part I

ok the title is a somewhat of a misnomer. they aren't really 'story' stories. they're just incidents which struck me as extremely funny or are somehow significant to me(however insignificant they may seem to u). for want of a better way, i'll go chronologically.

Story 1 : the one with the same phones

alrite this one kinda makes me feel bad but nonetheless its quite funny, albeit in a slightly sadistic way. heh heh.

i had gone to my father's friend's place for dinner once. they're a lovely family. they have 2 kids, one daughter and one son(of my age incidentally). after dinner was over, the kids n the dads sat down to watch 'munnabhai lageraho' while the moms chatted. since i had already seen the movie(and did not like it enough to sit through it a second time) i decided to call a friend. now, as every teenager knows, calling from ur cellphone is not the smartest thing to do(given that prepaid connections have an awfully irritating feature called low balance). so i took my mom's phone and made the call from that(somehow she's cool about that...one of the few things that i do she's cool with...lol).

spoke to my friend for about 50 minutes, give or take a few, and then, feeling chirpier, went inside to sit with everyone(and maybe flirt with the guy a little...lol). when we were leaving, i handed my mom's phone to her. she was like, "that's not my phone. i have it with me". i was like, "holy shit!! who's phone did i just use???"

then the son comes, and says, "i think that's my phone" and i'm thinking, "oh noooo.....". aloud i said, "uhh i think i made a call from your phone." and he very sweetly said, "that's okay", not knowing that i had spent the better part of an hour frittering away his balance(i think his was postpaid though, which somehow makes the whole thing worse).

i went home feeling like a mean bitch. and was made to feel worse by a friend who said i should have told him about it, and offered to treat him or something in return. he must have got a HUGE shock at the end of the month when the bills came. shit!


P.S.- stay tuned for Collected Short Stories By MeMyself_n_I : Part II

10 comments:

Unknown said...

everytime u tell me that story i cant stop laughing!love ur blog! wens the next one coming up?????

Anonymous said...

yes! i get to comment first. so, very funny and I feel very, very sorry for the chap. So did you finally tell him

Anonymous said...

oh s**t, i thought i was the first one.... well anyways it was only a minute ;)

Unknown said...

ya funny but feeling bad for the poor chap. don't tell him

Sahil Chopra said...

hmmm....thanx fer the comment..n waise, its ok.. gal r too used to using guys...dont feel guilty....hahahahaha..

Mr. J said...

Hahahaha... Blame in on Mr. Bell.

Unknown said...

holy!.. i mean WTF! ur a phenomenon in urself! I would do anything to see the look on his face when he finds out... hehe, guys next time she's around, hold onto ur cellfones!

this is extremely intresting.. i hope next one's coming out soon :-D

Anupriya Karmakar said...

u knw wt u cud hv recharged his phone if by chance it hd a pre paid thngy, bt now wen it is'n..............mmmmmmmmmm............mmmmmmmmm....al wt u can do is..pay his bill:)

praveen said...

Wow ...tats really a big twist in the tale....interesting...

cheers.. :D

That Girl said...

Haha, something I could do too! Which should not make you feel one bit better, I do some really silly things. But well yeah, you could've given him a treat at least!