Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Collected Short Stories by MeMyself_n_I : Part II

Story 2 : the one with my 'twin soul'

this one is slightly weird, and u might not even find it funny, because it is somewhat of an inside joke between me and my friends. but here goes nothing. also it's not a story in the true sense of the word so....

one day, about a month after college had started, i got up on the bus and saw an exact replica of myself sitting on the seat in front of me. the same wavy, slightly messy hair, the same black t-shirt, same black belt, the same loose blue jeans and pretty much the same height. i was like, "jesus christ, she looks EXACTLY like me!!"

i was thinking to myself, "man how can somebody look so similar?". right then she turned around and i saw that it wasn't a 'she' at all; it was a guy!!!

the whole thing made me awfully sad, and i never got to hear the end of it from my friends. still constantly hear extremely lame jokes about my 'twin soul'.

for the record, now i know the guy personally, which makes the whole thing damn funny somehow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


story 3: the one where i screw up!!

i had planned to not do this(interrupt my chronological collection of short stories, that is) but as if plans ever work out!

before going ahead i would like to formally anounce that i am a DUMBASS. okay, i can proceed now.

yesterday, while coming back from college, these 2 extremely cute guys got on my bus. i was surreptitiously checking then out, and thinking to myself, "why don't i ever get to meet guys like these?'. their brilliant english and their highly intellectual, and at the same time extremely witty conversation only served to add to their attractiveness-quotient. they were standing, and when the seat next to mine was vacated, one of them sat there.

that cheered me up enormously, and i couldn't pay too much of attention to the book i was reading(catcher in the rye, for the record). after a while i gave up trying to read and closed it(that shows my level of distraction, coz this book is one my favorites, and i can read it a million times).

okay, now comes the best bit.

Cute Guy - hey, i had made a bet with myself. are u doing history?
Me - no, i'm doing eco.
CG - oh ok.
Me - why did u think that? do u know somebody who looks like me who's doing history?
CG - no i thought english honours would be too obvious, that's why i said history. (!!! now that's a pickup line if i've ever heard one!!!)
Me - oh ok. well it's one of my favorite books.

and then i just stopped talking! i stopped talking!! a few minutes later my stop came and i climbed down and the guy went out of my life forever. :-(

stories are not really supposed to have an analysis in the end, but hey, this is my blog so i can do whatever i want! my point is, till now i had been cribbing about how circumstances are always against me and how things are "spiralling out of my control" and basically making a lot of melodramatic statements. and now, when circumstances were perfect, and things were completely in my control, i manage to completely screw things up. at the risk of sounding terribly terribly melodramatic(yet again), fate finally paves a way for me and i turn around and walk the other way!

footnote
: this is highly embarrasing but i'll still say it(as a lesson to me and also for another reason, which u shall soon see). today i actually caught the same bus(the 4 o'clock one) in the hopes of meeting the guy again! talk about wishful thinking.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay this is a terribly lame thing to do but my friends have talked me into it.
if the aforementioned guy, by any chance, comes accross this blog, then, "hi, i'd like to tell u that i'm not an arrogant bitch. and that it would be nice if u were still interested in continuing that conversation....."

phew, that's done! never done a dumber thing than that.

(also now u know the 2nd reason behind the footnote)

8 comments:

Mr. J said...

Hmm story # 3 is interesting and a smart guy too. But weeeeelll.. things like that happen, who knows this is just the calm before the bigger storm hits you.. an even more cuter funny and an intellect dude? ;)

You shouldn't be screwing it up next time and well, if you do.. i look forward to another interesting read.

Unknown said...

well at least you took the same bus again... it's funny when you reflect back and realize how big a jackass one is...

Anonymous said...

Hahaha... well, atleast I get to know who 'Mr Twin Soul' is! Arpita mentioned it while chatting the other day and it did have me curious me some time. Well, talk about (funny) anticlimaxes!
And about Mr. Cute, well, we all learn from our mistakes dont we?
Better luck next time!

Anupriya Karmakar said...

al i wanna say is....i wish u wr as chatty as i m....perhaps u cud den proceed d conversation. But seriously....i m sorry 2 make u feel more miserable,but tania....U MISSD IT. But hey...i m sure de wil take d sme bus sum day...de hv 2...(my intutiton):).......

Unknown said...

dont worry tania, maybe one of these days u wil find out which college mr. cute goes to...though i seriously doubt it. haha! n oh by the way there is a small mistake in the conversation bit, u asked him if he knew some1 like u in history not eco.

MeMyself_n_I said...

@John - yeah that makes me feel so much better. :-P

@prannay - u r so right

@siddharth - thank u! and yeah, u probably didn't ecpect anything like that, did u, when arpita mentioned my 'twin soul'?

@anupriya - i know, maybe i could take some talking lessons from u. and i HOPE ur right about ur intution.

@arpita - yeah aren't u the eternal optimist? meanie!

kanika said...

heyy...i quite like yer short story funda..its intrestin...n as fer ma post...somthin will b up soon!

Requiem of Eternity said...

heya! your short stories are a crack up, I love them! Short short #3 was hilarious, because I probably would have done something similar and end up kicking myself for not taking the opportunity too.
Thanks for check out my blog!