Thursday, August 16, 2007

Wind of Change

Funny how things change behind your back without you finding out until it's too late. And funny how you think you're perfectly okay with the idea of change, but then you realize that you're not, and that change scares the shit out of you.

And funny how you never seem to learn that some things just can't be helped.

I never realized it, but my life's followed a pretty steady path so far. I've lived in the same city all my life, same house even. I've never changed schools, was in the same school for 13 years. Still hang out with pretty much the same set of friends, people i've know for quite a few years (except for my college friends of course, seeing how i've only been in college for about a year). Like the same actor i've liked ever since i was inducted into the world of movies. My favorite cuisine's been the same for the past 15 years. (Shahrukh Khan and Chinese respectively, just for the record).

I guess that's made me a little too complacent. And a little sensitive to change. Better start getting used to it.

Anyway, i'm done cribbing. so i'm gonna take off. Will go have my 6th Snickers of the day (there really shouldn't be so much chocolate in the fridge, especially when you're not exactly in the best of moods).

Until next time, good bye, and a belated Happy Independence Day to everyone (i'm gonna spare everyone and not talk about how it's lost it's relevance in today's times).


15 comments:

KAYLEE said...

GREAT POST:)

Unknown said...

Change... hhmm, could relate to it quite a lot :D I'd say, jump right in.

burf said...

13 years is a long time :p

and i like mars better

you remind of those kids from r k puram, moti bagh, s n etc.

arunima said...

HELO! WELL HAPPY INDI TO U TOO ;)
SEEMS LYK U HAVE HADLY BEEN SUBJECTED TO CHANGE ...LOL SORRY IF M BEING NAIVE!!
I WENT TO AROUND 6 DIFFERENT SCHOOLS... GAWD DATS SEEMS AS IF I HAVE BEEN KICKED OUT OF EACH ONE OF THEM OR SUMTHIN! I HAVE LIVED IN 5 DIFFERENT PLACES... BUT BASICALLY I THINK ITS MORE OF THE MENTAL CHANGE RATHER THAN PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ONE DAT COUNTS...

ON BTW DO U KNO ABT THE DHARNA AT V-C OFFICE?? IF NOT DO CHECK OUT MY BLOG ....WE NEED ALL THE SUPPORT

Dimple Nangia said...

I see alot of myself in you. Read couple of ur posts and I'm amazed to see how similar we are!!

Nice work!
Tc!

Poison Ivy
www.poisonivy68.blogspot.com

Anunay said...

Amazingly sheltered life... But, then that is to expected... Since I have stayed in 8-10 cities, Change had become a close companion... Infact, life starts getting all weird if there's no change...!!!

`NEFTY said...

Happy *Belated* Independence Day to you too:]]

~ ॐ ~ said...

hope you take the changes well in your life !!!

enjoy :)

praveen said...

Change is painful at the time of change...but time ll soothe it...gve a try...keep rocking...

Impressionist said...

lol!
SRK fan eh!
I hate him to the core! :P
no offence!! :D

peace & love
Jeevy

Sui Generis said...

Rightly said..

..."Nothing'z permanent except a CHANGE..."

Just veer it towards the best and see where it sails you along... :)

abhartiya said...

so..are you still complacent after this post or ready to change?

i suggest you should try changing for once!

cheers!
P.S. you do sound like any normal teenager..Unfortunately I've lost its pleasure..am gonna be 21 this dec..*sigh*

Aditya Anand said...

Burf, when you eat Mars daily and don't get Dairy Milk where you live- trust me you will like Dairy milk.

Ahh change happens for good too. We don't realise it and don't blog about it.

Curios to know what has actually happened.

Aditya Anand said...

Curious*

MeMyself_n_I said...

@ kaylee - thank you.

J - i did. :-)

Burf - heyyyyyyyy what kids??? incidentally i stay in crpark. :-p

@ Arunima - my god, i can't seem to imagine that. but i think later on it's people like you who cope better with change, coz you've learnt the hard way.
and yes i know about the dharna. i was furious when i heard about it.

@ poison ivy - thank you so much.

@ anunay - wow! 8-10 cities!!!

@ nefty - thank you.

@ 0m - yes, i'm trying to, thanks. :-)

@ praveen - yes i will, thanks.

@ rajeev - ahhh well, there's nothing i can do about it. :-p

and none taken.

@ sui generis - thank you. an yes, that is one cliche which is So true.

@ whacko - wel let's just say i'm open to change now. :-p
and cmon 21 ain't that bad.....think about how you're gonna hit 30 in about 9 years. now THAT'S gonna hurt. hehehe.

@ aditya - yeah i guess you do have a point there.
and what happened was inevitable. no point moping around about it.