Friday, August 03, 2007

Tag!

So i finally get down to doing a looooooong overdue tag. Both Jahanbi and Arunima had tagged me, that too about a month and a half back, so i better get down to it.


5 of my favorite characters from books.

1. Holden Caulfied from 'The Catcher in the Rye'. My favorite-est character ever. The way he was completely messed up in his head, the compulsive lying, the crazy swearing, the (so-called) teenage angst, i love everything about him. At the risk of sounding cliched, in all of us there's a little bit of Holden Caulfied. :-p

2. Arthur Dent from 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'. Yeah i know most people prefer Ford Prefect, coz he's funnier and wittier and cooler, but Arthur is just such a sweetheart. I feel so sorry for him, the way his life keeps getting fucked up as soon as some semblance of order is established. And he's such a naive, helpless thing.

3. Atticus Finch, from 'To Kill a Mockingbird'. Self-explanatory.

4. Rhett Butler, from 'Gone With the Wind'. Though i didn't thing the book was anything extraordinary, i loved Rhett's character. He was so suave, so hot. ;-)

5. Hamlet from, well, Hamlet. Even though he's full of faults, his intensity is extremely appealing. And the fact that he might be slightly mad makes him highly interesting.

Alright, i know that the tag only calls for 5, but i can't help but include a sixth character.

6. Scout, from 'To Kill a Mockingbird'. Yes i know, 2 characters from the same book. I like the book THAT much. She's a brilliant kid. Perceptive, smart, witty. That's the kid i always wanted to be. :-p

Alright, now that's done. My turn to do some tagging. I tag Aditya, Diya, J and Sahaj.

Goodbye all!

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Holden is my faaaaaaavvv too. :P

Another tag... hmm, will do it soon.

That Girl said...

Interesting post! Might take it up :)

Caulfield annoyed me at times, guess I wasn't one of those who identified with his angst & all. Maybe I read it in the wrong phase of my life.

Arthur Dent! I like him too, but more in an indulgent, sympathetic viewer manner. But he's cute, no doubt :)

I loved Finch too. And Scott!

And now we come to Rhett Butler. Ah! I reeeally loved him, and his sometimes sexist, always caustic remarks made me have this love-hate-love relationship with him throughout the book and that's what makes him so irresistible for me. LOVE the way Mitchell describes his smirk - one corner of the lip going down, other curving up in a smile, eyes mocking. Haaaaah, he IS so hot!!

About Hamlet
"he might be slightly mad makes him highly interesting"
Haha, interesting. And true, if I come to think of it. Perfect sanity & sensibility are quite a put-off.


Nice tag, enjoyed it :) Dig up some more on books, I'd love to do 'em too.

That Girl said...

Some more tags, I meant. Dig up some more tags on books.

KAYLEE said...

GREAT POST:P

Aditya Anand said...

Ah so I have been tagged. Jahnabi had tagged me too, but didn't do it as I had just done a favorite characters post. But well I owe you one for not properly doing your last tag

arunima said...

ahh good job!!
oh btw i added ur blog into my site.. :)

Amandeep Singh said...

Great...those rae nice charatcters man!!

:)

Adicrazy said...

I think exactly the same! :)

Unknown said...

Quite a few books in common we have.

Arthur Dent is a favorite. Atticus can't be not liked - in fact many characters in the book are amazing.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

hmm.. le'see..

MeMyself_n_I said...

@ j - oh goody! :-D

@ amiya - oh yes please do. you haven't updated your blog in ages.
and yayyyyy somebody else happens to find rhett butler hot.
and haha more tags on books. yes will do. :-p

@ kaylee - thank you.

@ aditya - oh good thing.

@ arunima - thank you!!! :-D

@ standbymind - thanks. :-)

@ adi crazy - oh wheeeeeee. :-)

@ sj - oh that's nice. and yeah, atticus just can't be not liked.

@ sahaj - so guess u did do it.

Impressionist said...

i dont read any books!
damn! i hate to read!

peace & love
Jeevy

Impressionist said...

oh btw i've added u in my blogroll!
will be back to read more! :)

peace & love
Jeevy

Pravin said...

I like Jem Finch. Sort of like me I suppose. And because I have a dumb sister who's a lot like Scout - doesn't have much for brains.

Chapter 10 from 'To kill a mockingbird' I suppose. It starts with something like "Atticus was old. He was nearly fifty and when I asked him why, he replied he had started off late".

At the end of the chapter he discovers that Atticus is an expert marksman. :)

I lost my copy though :( Someone borrowed it and never returned it.

diyadear said...

hey teen, will take up ur tag soon :)

`NEFTY said...

Nice post:]

Anunay said...

It's a miracle...!! But, I haven't read a coupla books from among the books you mentioned...!! And, the rest I haven't read in a really long time!!! Really, really long time!!!

Dr Roshan Radhakrishnan said...

nice choices...

KAYLEE said...

how are ya?

burf said...

i read all these books, but my memory is failing me these days...

KAYLEE said...

I am feeling great again today:)

MeMyself_n_I said...

@ rajeev - oh you don't? maybe you could give it a try.
n thanks!!!

@ pravin - aww you lost it??? why don't u buy a new copy?

@ diya - oh good. :-)

@ nefty - thank you.

@ anunay - maybe you could pick em up again.

@ roshan - thanks.

@ burf - memory aids maybe? :-p

@ kaylee - good to hear. :-)

Pravin said...

Because I'm poor :(