Thursday, February 19, 2009

Trivial Trivia

Is it just me or does everyone have a masochistic streak in them? It's a little worrying if that's not the case. So in case you do as well, do let me know.

I have my college farewell on the 3rd of March. The whole idea is still slightly surreal. I'm finding it unbelievably difficult to accept the fact the college is, in fact, pretty much over. I'm not feeling sad yet, coz it's not exactly sunk in. Funny. Guess once realization strikes, that'll warrant another post. For the time being, you guys can take a look here and here, to get an idea of what it felt like after 1st year and 2nd year got over, respectively.

What's worrying me more than anything else of late is the thought that the coming year is a closed book. For the first time in my life, i have absolutely no idea where i'm heading. Scary is an understatement. I'm dreading the end of college. *brrrrr*

On a more frivolous note, anyone following Roadies? I am ashamed to admit that every saturday, at 7 pm, i am glued to MTV. But what the hey, they've got some really fascinating people on the show this time. Is anyone hoping that devarshi's the next one to go?

Pardon the digression, i cannot help but digress. It's a failing i've been trying to rein in, but nothing's worked so far. Suggestions on what can be done are welcome.

In any case, i've pretty much lost track of what this post was suppossed to be all about, so we'll leave that for another day. I am awfully sleepy, and awfully glad about the fact that tomorrow is a DUTA strike, so i can sleep in (one reason i'm positive i'll miss DU for; impromptu strikes. :-D).

So until next time, goodbye, and go watch Billu (Barber). You won't yawn more than halpf a dozen times, and you'll help poor Shahrukh Khan recover some of his money. I mean c'mon, do your good deed of the day, the man's recovering from a surgery. I did it, purely out of selfless motives (Actually i went primarily in the hopes that i'd get to see lots of SRK. However, sadly, that did not happen).

P.S. - I went to buy my farewell sari today, n did not find anything. *sob*

My last resort is Fabindia. Pray for me.

God i really am frivolous.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Taniya!!!
I guess m commenting on your blog after a really long time, isn't it? n ya, i can totally relate to what you r feeling, ask me abt missing college.but swear, in college v don't realize what life's got in store for us next n things r jus so fine.even i miss those days yaar...seriously i have to think about 10 times before taking a leave from office....:(
oh btw, show us ur saree once u get it....n lets all catch up 4 delhi 6....muuaahh...

Arnab Majumdar said...

Masochistic streak??? Where'd u get that from eh?

College getting over... that's one sad time, while at the same time a little worrying... beyond that point you really don't know where life's gonna be heading... you have some plans after college, right...? :P

Unknown said...

Your posts make me miss North Campus soooooooooooooooo much :-(
Farewell Saree...Well well, dont make any compromises on that!
Good luck sweety!

Unknown said...

End of college, should be... FUN!!

So, what next?? ;)

I am glued to Roadies when i'm back home. Sambhavi chick rocked!

MeMyself_n_I said...

Anupriya - Yes it's been ages! Ang god, you saying all those things are getting me even more nervous.
And yes, let's meet up real soon. I still haven't seen delhi 6.

Arnab - i have no clue. Sometimes i think i torture myself mentally.
And nope no plans. That's what's geting me so worked up. :-(

Akanksha - I had no clue u were in DU! Cool!
And no i didn't I bought a gorgeous sari from fabindia. :-)

J - Really??
And no clue what comes next. *shudder*