Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Tags

Okay i have a couple of, no wait, THREE (dammit!!) tags pending and i've been putting them off for a long long time. But no more procrastination, i'm gonna do two of them TO-DAY. Pat on the back for me.


The first one, tagged by Diya.

8 things i like about summer.

(now this one was a toughie coz i'm not that big a fan of summer, but i tried my best. :-p)

1. Mangoes! One of the very few fruits i genuinely like.

2. Swimming. Swimming is seriously such a pleasure in the awful delhi heat. And it's the only sport (?) which has managed to keep me interested for more than a couple of years (been doing it for 12 years...)

3. Holidayssssssss. It's the only time of the year when you're officially allowed uninterrupted 2 months of doing nothing. :-D

4. My grandmum's terrific kulfi. I've never had kulfi which tastes so good, seriously.

5. No exams! Yeah, wonder if you've noticed that there are no exams in summer. :-D

6. Pretty, girly, skimpy (hehehe) clothes. Out with the skirts, in with the thick sweaters. :-p

7. Bucketfuls of cold coffee and mangoshake. (okay, weak, i know. but cut me some slack, i'm clutching at straws here!)

8. Air-conditioning. (yeah okay you can kill me now)


The second one, tagged by Mr. J.

Five things you don’t know about me.

1. I have pretty good long-term memory but i have godawful short-term memory. I'll remember stuff which happened eons ago, but i won't remember what you told me a couple of minutes ago.

2. I have this ability to space out at will (earlier it used to happen on it's own, wasn't in my control, which was quite freaky, honestly speaking, and made me suspect that i was mildly schizophrenic. for the record, i still think i'm mildy schizophrenic......), which is a wonderful talent to have. Comes real handy in lectures and conversations with ancient (as well as unknown) relatives.

3. I've always wanted to get my left eyebrow pierced, but have never been able to muster up the courage coz i'm shit-scared of the pain. Someday maybe, hopefully.......

4. I'm wholly and completely dependant on my lenses. So much so that i actually feel helpless without them (and no it's not because i have high power(incidentally i DO have very high power) coz glasses don't work). I can go out of the house without water, my bag, my wallet, anything, but not without wearing my lenses.

5. I have ghastly taste in men. :-p


Phew, that's done, and i am proud of myself. Since i had such a tough time doing the first tag, i'm not gonna tag anybody with that. I guess it's not possible to love summers if you stay in delhi. Anyway, coming to the second tag, i tag Aditya, Richa (coz she's already done two tags in a row, and you know what they say...3rd time lucky and all that. :-p), Siddharth (coz he hasn't updated in ages) and Sunali.


Until next time, goodbye all, and enjoy the mangoes. :-D

13 comments:

bored blogger said...

wow!! you actually managed to find 8 good things about summers. i couldnt have have thought of more than two(which includes wearing less clothes(obviously) n AC..hehe)

Anonymous said...

Ok, this looks easy. Should do that quick enough. Everything is fully AC'd here. Trust me I HATE summers here. Which Indian won't if you have to bear 50 degrees, without mangoes (atleast not if you pay for your mangoes, in Dirhams....)

Mr. J said...

How come you did only two tags when you mentioned three?? :S

Anonymous said...

forgetin basic maths eh.....
2 tags =/= 3 tags...

but its holiday time... so who cares.... maths..smaths...

and heat or no heat... apart frm the agonizing sunlight... which The Count hates for obvious reason, summer's the time to be..

Unknown said...

in case you miss this on my blog...

am terribly sorry for not commenting here for a while...have read all the posts...I just know that if I start to comment now, it will never stop...apparently when I post my thoughts here...they just seem to extended for a prolonged period of time... and right now..I have very limited time to spare... am only seeing a selected few blogs...the ones mentioned on my page...
barely commenting at all.

will surely leave comments after my exams are over.

Anonymous said...

8 good things about summer is about as hard as 1 good thing about exams! so i'm pretty sure i'm not going to do that, or wait, maybe i will......... i dont know. blog writing seems like something i used to soo long ago (which is true actually) :P but yeah, i'll do these tags.. actually, found your last post (about amritsar) more interesting/funny. now i'll have to see bheja fry just to find out what TGIF means :( yes, i still havent seen it.. and also, could you tell me what this anisha' favorite eating joint is.. looks like some bribing might be in order if i have to see these infinitely interesting videos of you!! and one last thing, i think there's a typo in your blog. you say out with the skirts and in with thick sweaters. or did i miss the sarcasm?? THATS how out-of-touch i am with blogging

RB said...

I think it's the tag season again. There are tags floating all over...had subsided for some time. Bad news first...I've already done the 2nd kinda tag earlier and I think that asked you to list 10 things or something. It was on my old blog but I pretty much have the same readers so it will probably be difficult to come up with more secrets.
And now that I've saved myself from another tag, I shall comment on your tags. :P

Mangoes!! They, alongwith other fruits are the saving grace of this season here. Just love them!!

Kulfi just reminds me of the guys sitting outside Moet's and Sagar at Def Col. I'm sure your grandma makes better kulfi but those 2 are the best that I've ever had. Ooooh...I want one now! :(

Oh wow, eyebrow piercing! I've heard that hurts a lot. Good luck! Do get it but.

And what dependence on lenses! :O

MeMyself_n_I said...

@ bored blogger - it took a hell lot of time, coming up with so many!

@ aditya - gawd sounds horrifying.

@ mr. j and count sahaj - well i mentioned right in the first line that though i have 3 tags to do, i'm only gonna do 2 this time round. :-p
and sahaj, you actually like summer????

@ hershey - on no problem. get done with your exams. best of luck.

@ sid - oh good, so your blog will be revived, even if only temporarily. and no amount of bribing will help, coz those videos are only for the viewing pleasure of the seven of us. and no sarcasm there, but i think you interpreted the line differently. what i meant was, out of the closet with the skirts, and in with the sweaters. :-p

@ richa - oooo lucky you! :-p
and yeah, mangoessss. i'm not really too fond of fruits otherwise tohugh.
oooh never had kulfi there. will go one of these days for sure.
and about the piercing, i will, someday.........
and yeah, the lenses are practically a liability now. :-(

`NEFTY said...

*Pats you on the back*
Hehehehe:]

diyadear said...

teenager,
thanks a lot for putting in all the effort.. it was lovely reading it.. n yes i know summers r real bad in delhi. sorry i failed to think of that while tagging u ;)
n hey i hope u've seen "the beautiful mind" its really beautiful..

arunima said...

heyyy!!
abt d "summer tag" i can do vitout two months hols in summers( no seriously i think i can coz m dead bored at home! :p) bt d best pt was; v can totally throw all d hevy ugly shapeless sweaters away,dat takes loads of really!! :p
somehow i lyk summers more thn winters i dunno y ppl hate summers so much, its cant b dat bad!!
and well abt d piercing it doesnt hurt at all, i have one below my lips and trust me u wont feel a thing! so 4 it!!
and grl ur lucky u hv soo many tags to do, m still waitng 4 my first tag to cum along :p

Unknown said...

mangoes !!!
swimming...hmm
sigh...holidays..so far away.
kulfi? NAH GELATOS!
ARGH! exams...sigh..bye bye

MeMyself_n_I said...

@ nefty - thank you!

@ diya - haha, yeah you really shpuld have thought abuot that. :-p
and no i haven't. why?

@ arunima - it's not like i hate summers, but give me winter over summer any day. :-D
and hey, since you haven't been tagged ever, lemme tag you!!!

@ hershey - well gelatos too, but kulfi is better. :-p
good luck for the remaining papers.