Thursday, June 28, 2007

On a Rainy Day

My kid brother narrated to me, what he called, a non-veg joke for the very first time a few days ago. Now you may have read about my brother in a previous post of mine. If you haven't, go take a look here. And even if you have, you might as well take a look still, just for basic background info.

Here's how the conversation went, more or less.

Deep (that's my brother, for the uninitiated) - Didi, wanna hear a joke?

Me - Sure, go ahead.

Deep - Well, i gotta warn you, it's got explikit language.

Me (a little worried, but trying not to show it) - Deep it's not explikit, it's explicit. You pronounce it like an 'S'.

Deep - Aah okay. Well anyway, you wanna hear it?

Me (a little reluctantly) - Yeah okay. Go on.

And then, as you will have it, he proceeds to tell me an extremely silly joke with, yes, a lot of profanities, thankfully in English (i have no idea what i would've done if he'd told me one with Hindi swear words). I will spare you the joke.

I force out a weak giggle, which unfortunately encourages him, coz then he asks me if i'd like to hear another one.

I decline the offer, using the dire need to make a call right then as an excuse (rather weak i know, but i was clutching at straws).

Whew, i find it slightly hard to hold a conversation with Deep these days without discovering something new about him (as well as myself for that matter. for instance, the fact that swear words could make me cringe. that was new)

Anyway, i saw Ocean's Thirteen today. Pretty nice movie, much better than Twelve. Brad Pitt looks a little jaded (but then i never liked him much anyway. always preferred Tom Cruise). George Clooney is hot as ever. And Al Pacino is fabulous. Worth a watch.

Am reading A Hundred Years of Solitude at present (along with H2G2 of course). Heavy, but very entertaining reading. My first book by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Now i realize what the hype about him is all about.

Wonderful weather today. After catching the movie we drove around for a while. It was really nice. Delhi looks so pretty when it rains.

I'm all talked (or shall we say typed) out now so i'm gonna stop.

Until next time, goodbye and yes they do get the diamonds (hah ruined Ocean's Thirteen for you. :-p).


[ Added Later - Forgive me for the lame title. I'm not at my wittiest best right now. :-D ]

20 comments:

`NEFTY said...

That's why I never laugh at unfunny jokes, definitly encourages more unfunny business! Lol.

bored blogger said...

not fair!! i wanna hear the joke!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kenny said...

Came across ur blog last week....n i must say, it sure makes for a great read!! Haven't yet got to read all of the previous entries...but what i've read of them are pretty damn good....so keep on writing!!

P.S.: I personally have already seen ocean's...but movie spoilers ain't cool....and i wanna hear the joke too!! ;)

KAYLEE said...

I agree with nefty.I laugh if they are funny.

Titash said...

Umm..general contradiction...Brad was, is and always will be better than Cruise. That was one point me and my sister synonmously agreed. Just a mention though. By the way don't spare me a vulgar joke, I spend so much time looking for a really good one.

arunima said...

oceans 13 huh! saw it on my bday was pretty good, george clooney-hot, agreed,tom better than brat pitt , ok i beg to differ, i think de guy's really good( & hot & sexy) ....hehe
and another strange convo vit ur bro... hehe well poor u... bt they do make gr8 posts !;)

KAYLEE said...

STORIES UPP ON MY BLOG!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

whers the joak yaar....
and discovering siblings can b a real relevation...

will rite my stuff abt it soon...
watch out

Jahnabi Roy said...

i would like to hear tht joke....

diyadear said...

oh no u spoilt the movie for me...
nah... in such movies victroy for the heros is by default of course;)

Unknown said...

you changed your layout...good..

you definitely need to change your color combination...

Its always awkward when younger siblings do such things...
you expect them to remain innocent forever.

I am not reading the post any further...I encountered the words "ocean 13"... haven't seen the movie yet...don't want any spoilers..

Anonymous said...

C'mmon they were bound to get the diamond. A better one would have been where they tell what happens to the necklace when Brad Pitt, takes it for himself and then sells it telling everyone else that he lost it.

Am sorry,but the color combination is er.. not great.

MeMyself_n_I said...

@ nefty and kaylee - yeah i've learnt my lesson!

@ kenny - thank you. :-)
and i hate movie spoilers too but i couldn't help myself. sorry. :-p

@ titash roy - oh well, to each his own.

@ arunima - hehe yeah i'm sort of getting used to the whole thing. so much so that they aren't that awkward any longer. :-p

@ sahaj - oh will be waiting for that.

@ diya - sorry! and exactly, the good guys (actually the not-so-good guys in this particualr movie but whatever) always get the diamonds.

@ hershey - naa not really, i'd just like em to keep the dirty jokes to themselves. lol. and read the rest after you see the movie coz yes, there is a spoiler.

@ aditya - yeah true but then in movies like these stuff like that never happens, unless to the bad guys.

@ anisha, titash, sahaj, jahnabi - the joke's really lame! bet all of you must've heard it in the 8th grade or something.

@ hershey n aditya - heyyyy i happen to like pink n blue. i'm gonna stick with that combination for a while. :-D

Abhimanyu said...

hi..blog address change

www.midnightchants.blogspot.com

`NEFTY said...

Hey huns:]

bornfortheu.s.a said...

i see a change of template....nice...

thankfully i have already seen 13.. that's one naughty bro u've got...well my sis is almost the same...scary since she's a girl...wat was the joke btw?

Sujay said...

well commenting on ur blog after a long time! anyways seems lik its written just 4 d sake of posting an entry (no offence yaar!) probably it cud hav been a good 1 if d joke was also mentiond... and ya the new look is definitelyy not better than d previous 1! the original look was kinda serene and really nice!
sry 4 d negative comments but i really lik ur blogs n hav gr8 expectations from dem!:)))
Tc.......

MeMyself_n_I said...

@ abhimanyu - heyyy you're back!

@ adi crazy - lame joke!

@ nefty - hey there! :-)

@ neo - thank you! everyone seems to hate the new look! and whoa lil sister asking weird questions. not much fun i bet.

@ sujay - hello!! long time! and yeah i admit that the entry might've been slightly forced. will try to live up to your expectations next time round. :-)

Anunay said...

Siblings... You never know what to expect from them...!!! These days... The only jokes I seem to be laughing at are subtle ones... And, then too its not a laugh, just a smile... It's always best to play it cool in such situations... I mean what could your brother possibly talk about that you weren't aware of already?? Right??

P said...

:) finally,sumthing that made me smile today...